Friday, April 06, 2007

pick four meme

    Ran across this meme while reading library/librarian blogs. People seem to modify it to suit them, and I have, too.

Four places I've lived:
Maryland
Tennessee
Texas
Mississippi

Four places I have been on vacation:
Grand Tetons, Wyoming
Puebla, Mexico
Freeport, Bahamas
Reno, Nevada

Four places I want to see:
Scotland
Italy
Peru
India

Four places I'd rather be:
St. Augustine, FL
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Juan, PR

Four movies I could watch over and over:
Affair to Remember
Fifth Element
Sense & Sensibility
Highlander

Four TV shows I love to watch even in reruns:
House
CSI (Las Vegas, Miami, and New York)
Dresden Files
Monk

Four websites I visit daily:
Google
OCLC Bib Formats and Standards
Google Reader (library blog feeds)
Library OPAC

Four bloggers I read regularly (that I’m not tagging for this meme):
Yarn Harlot
Wendy Knits!
Yarn-a-go-go
ChicKnits

Four CDs (almost) always in my car:
Mask & Mirror (Loreena McKennitt)
Chocolate (Mayonesa)
Duets (Emmylou Harris)
Allison Krauss home-made compilation of four CDs

Four songs from my teens/twenties I still love to hear:
Vincent (Don Mclean)
Werewolves of London (Dire Straits)
London Homesick Blues (Jerry Jeff Walker)
Desperado (Linda Rondstat)

Four covers I like better than the originals:
Layla (Unplugged)
Iko Iko (think I have 5 different cover versions)
When you say nothing at all (Allison Krauss)
Hurt (Johnny Cash)

Four songs I sing in the shower:
... I wake up to talk-radio, so I don't sing much in the shower any more... if I do, it is whatever I just heard on the radio...

Four novels I like to re-read:
Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
Outlander (Diana Gabaldon)

Four books that changed my outlook:
In search of stones (M.Scott Peck)
Joshua: A parable for today (Joseph Girzone)
Hinds feet in high places (Hanna Hurnard)
Diet Cure (Julia Ross)

Four magazines to which I subscribe:
Better Homes & Gardens
Interweave Knits
Diabetic Living
PC World

Four cookbooks I’ve actually used out of my very large collection:
Frugal Gourmet
Farm Journal Country Cookbook
Joy of Cooking
Bell's Best

Four jobs I've had in my life:
travel agent
telephone customer support
airport security (70's era)
home party sales

Four Vehicles I've Owned -- I think I've got pictures of them I can post:
1973 Chevy Malibu
1976 Datsun B210
1978 or 9 Buick Regal
1980 MGB Special

Four Restaurants I’d love to eat at again:
Evita's Italian (Ochos Rios, Jamaica)
Sweet George's (Kauai, unfortunately, doesn't seem to exist any more)
Phillip's Harborplace (Baltimore)
Columbia Restaurant (St. Augustine)

Four of my favorite foods -- evidenced above:
Italian, i.e., almost any pasta/red sauce entre
crabcakes, shrimp & crawfish
Cuban/Mexican/Carribean
Steak

Four people I'm tagging (who can whatever "four" they like from the above):
Mary Anne
Karin
Lisa
Rissa

2 comments:

karin said...

Hinds Feet on High Places - it's been years since I read that, but yes, that's definitely one of those books that really changed my outlook.

Mary Anne said...

That was a fun list to read through! I'll have to think of 4 somethings...