Thursday, October 14, 2004

meandering

I see by moonphases that is is new moon -- it's a toss up as to my favorite: new or full moon. There's just something about that teeney-tiny sliver up in the sky, especially when there's the warm glow of sunset still in the western sky, that makes me smile and feel all contented inside. Classes are fine, excellent in fact. Doing unbelievably well in statistics, of all things! Falling a little behind in espanol, but I should be able to catch up by next Wednesday, when our first typed composition is due. We have fall break Monday & Tuesday. I have an accumulating list of topics I'd like to write about -- um, not for espanol, just THINGS I need to get our of my head and/or off my chest -- and no time to write about them. I am one-fourth finished with the baby blanket, but it's too heavy to carry around on campus, so I'm hunting something else to work on. Most of my other projects are also too big. Guess it's time to get back to watchcaps or baby sweaters. Although, I REALLY want to make myself a sweater with the alpaca I bought last year... but still haven't really found the right pattern. And I'd like to reproduce this crocheted poncho I bought. It's from some rather fine silky thread, simply pattern, just a matter of getting started. It would be small, not too heavy and easy to work on between classes. later taters, hubby is waiting to head out to a tool sale... LC

No comments: