Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Disappointments

[Well.. all my photos seem to have disappeared off the server. I will try to get is resolved as quickly as possible.] I popped in to finish updating on a couple more FO... the poncho for my grandneice, and my cropped top. Guess it will have to wait until I fix the problem with MSN. Doesn't seem to be just me as the photos for Bead Art Forum are 'missing' as well. Whatever. I spent all afternoon swatching. I'm really frustrated. I want to make this, Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer and Laura Anderson's Scalloped Juliet Cap. I have a varigated rayon I bought in a large hank from a Knitswapper. I really don't know what weight/type. The pattern gauge is 3.5" over a 12-stitch modified feather-and-fan pattern. They used Heritage Cotton Chenille on size 7US and Heirloom Easycare 12 on size 10US. I've had to go to 10.5US to get gauge... it's really loose and rather uncomfortable to knit. I'm going to keep going for a bit; maybe it will work out all right. I think I need some more satisfying knitting for the rest of the evening, so I can read some blogs... I may just cast on for another poncho; a different pattern, this one from Family Circle Easy Knitting Fall 2002, #38. I've got some pretty baby boucle I'll try the pattern on. Sorry about the photos. LC

No comments: