Friday, April 17, 2009

past homes

I was playing around with Google Maps earlier this week, and created a map of the places I have lived. Using the street-view, I was able to see how these houses look now.


This is the house where I lived until the summer between 4th and 5th grades.


Then we moved to this house -- only it wasn't brick-faced when we lived there... and perhaps it is just a child's memory, but it sure seemed wider than it appears in this image.


When I was 14, we moved from Florida to Maryland, and after 6 weeks in the Holiday Inn, we moved into this house... only all white like the one next door, not red!


In 1976, I moved to Texas with my then-fiance. This was his parents' home. I lived in the front left guest room (see the circular area) until we found an apartment; then we lived there again a year later when our lease was up and our new house wasn't ready.
There's no photo of the apartment where we lived, because it is now a single-dwelling housing area.

This is the first house I owned. It still looks the same. I really loved this little house. It had large main rooms -- living, kitchen, master bedroom -- along with two small bedrooms, two baths, a laundry closet, and a garage.


It is kind of cool and yet kind of scary that you can find stuff like this on the Internet.




No comments: