Monday, February 13, 2006

meanwhile

    I feel terribly guilty about not posting for so many weeks. I mentioned to Rissa this weekend that I've written several in my head on the morning drive to campus, but never get them actually typed out.     Life is rolling along, I'm trying not to stress over the amount of reading I need to be doing, and vascillating between wanting to quit and keep my library job. I have small chunks of time between classes when I don't seem to get much done, and once I'm home... well, I'm not as diligent as I should be.     I knitted up a large skein of Rowan chunky cotton chennille into three nice facecloths; two were a little large, the last one a bit smaller. They were to be gifts for my father, then I realized the yarn was black and not navy and he doesn't like black. So, the two larger ones are going to a dear friend instead. I will give him the third one, but doubt he will really like it.     I tore out all the rayon/funfur scarf. The longer it got the more the 'lace' closed up. Not sure what I'll do with it now, but I did discover that I had several other balls of rayon chenille in my stash, too.     So, in the very infrequent moments when I knit instead of read (and take notes), I am back to the green alpaca/silk. On Sunday, I finished the third skein. Now I think I will work the sleeves and figure out how to finish it, adapting the pattern to include the sleeves.     I picked up four balls of some high percentage wool blend at Hudson's while I was in Jackson this weekend. It's not great colorway, but it was 75% off retail and impossible to pass up. I should be able to get somewhere between 4 and 8 children's hats for KniTibet. I plan on knitting higher gauge than recommended to have a more dense fabric.     Seems I never posted a photo of the fine wool yarn that Rissa helped me dye in November, so here it is (click on the photo to go to the original post). On my screen it is much more orange than in real life; it is actually quite peachy. LC

1 comment:

Rissa said...

I can't wait to see it knitted up! The silk/alpaca is faulous. :-) Oh and yesterday I got a bunch of wool/mohair blend...from Brown Sheep Co. hehehehe