Monday, July 07, 2008

birthdays & numbers

A couple years ago, I mentioned to my son that on 07-07-07 I would be 52, 5 + 2 = 7. I like playing around with numbers that way... what I realized today, is that it works this year too (as it has since 2005 & will next year): 2008? 5 + 3 = 8. When I have to remember what year I was in which grade of school, I've always been able to look at the grade-year, for example, I was started 1st grade in 1961, started 8th grade in 1968, started my sophomore year of high school (10th grade) in 1970. Being born in a year that's a multiple of 5 is handy for calculations.
I received my gifts from my sister and father and opened them first thing this morning before heading off to work: the book, from my sister, was Sky Burial


and I am anxious to read it. There were also multipl e-cards in my mailbox this morning. I have a lovely red-violet rose, fruit and sugar-free chocolates from my co-workers.
So far, a lovely day... oh, yes... DH indulge my purse fetish by telling me to purchase both I found yesterday rather than chosing between the two. Ain't he a sweetheart? He also treated me to breakfast Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Lisa Dunn said...

Belated happy birthday! I hope your special day was just wonderful! :o)

Rissa said...

Who would expect anything less of Rodger?