Monday, April 17, 2006

& the winning number is...

~ 95 ~
    My doctor was flabbergasted! Frankly, so was I. I was simply hoping to be under 200. He said that it was not due to the glucophage, but to my diet. He was honestly shocked that I had actually cut out all my 'whites' -- he seemed to start to say that most people don't follow his instructions. Which to me seems really stupid. You don't fool around with diabetes! Anyway, he said I am obviously "diet sensitive." I had lost 3 pounds, and my blood pressure was a little higher than last Monday (not suprising with doing taxes, and paying bills, and school papers and reading and Spanish to re-learn -- and of course, the GRE is the elephant in the corner that I just don't want to think about). Now, I get three weeks on my own to see what happens. Maybe I can check my blood glucose at the university clinic in the meantime.     Yes, I indulged just a teeney bit at supper: I ate the skin and bit of meat off of (less than) half a small baked potatoe. And a small sugar-free cookie.     Today was the first day of classes after "spring break" -- what a joke. We have three weeks of classes until finals. I have two major papers and two smaller ones, and one final -- which, thankfully, is a take-home, 'short answer' type.     AND... I finally finished (except for the bind-off) the pair of socks I started on the way home from Natchez last weekend! All in all, not a bad Monday, Garfield.... LC

4 comments:

Rissa said...

I am so glad that you were able to bring your glucose into line!

Anonymous said...

What is this about you havin diabetes? Please take care of yourself..Hey, this is the first time I have ever blogged...Of course, I have experienced a few other first things with you in the past...Deb in Tennesseee

Anonymous said...

Watch it, Deb. This is a family-friendly blog. LOL!
I'm writing you an email, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rissa. May 2006 be healthier for Lisa, you and me, pheysically and mentally! And of course that means lots of stash enhancement and stitching!!