Saturday, March 18, 2006

ides, irish, italian

    Saw my former supervisor at the library yesterday; she said I was missed. Last week, one of the other workers asked me if I missed working. I do miss it, because I enjoyed working there. But I also treasure the additional time I now have. My stress level has definitely decreased.     Last night I finished another Spiral Rib hat for KniTibet and began a new one. I'm using the wool Rissa and I dyed in November. I've knitted up the golden brown, the aqua, and am now using the purple. When is it finished, there is one more hank of an olivey-green. I found some wool blend novelty yarn (No Boundaries brand) at Wal-Mart this week and am working that into the main body of the hat. Because I am carrying that thread across four stitches and working four stitches around each row, it is very soft on the inside.     Hubby was home when I finally got out of bed this morning. It had begun to rain just as he started to work at a friend's house, so they had to quit. He asked if I wanted to "do" something today.... now that the day is over, I remember that there was an Irish-Italian festival at one of the Catholic churches near campus today (celebrating St. Patrick's and St. Joseph's Days). Oh, well. I sure could eat some good Italian food. LC

2 comments:

rachel said...

Hi there. Just saw your blog on Rissa's blog. I've been spinnning for a couple of years now. Oh, I'm the Rachel from the Additioonal Bead Box. I'm a fiber fanatic now, and love incorporating beads into my knitting and crocheting. Haven't spun any yet. Reading Rissa's blog has helped a great deal with my dyeing adventures. Hope all is well with you - sounds like you're doing well. Funny the turns life takes!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's great to hear from you again and glad you are having so much fun with fiber. Rissa is a great help in all things fiber. If she doesn't know, she seems able to find out. In addition she is just a wonderful person. I keep fighting the urge to learn to spin. Maybe one day.

LIfe certainly has taken strange turns. Looks like the last time we emailed was almost two years ago! I hadn't even started back to college yet! Now I'm almost through. Well, I keep saying that and then I keep pushing it farther back!

We managed to survive Katrina, though we still haven't had a lot of the repair work done to the house. There was so much gouging for the first couple months, then it was too cold, and we just haven't made time to get in touch with roofers and flooring people. One of these days I'll get my carpet back down.

Thanks so much for writing. It is wonderful to hear from you.

Cynthia (Cynthy)