Monday, December 22, 2003

Busy Monday

It began early enough: 5:30am. with a call from my best friend. The doctors were not hopeful at all about her DH's condition. There was no sleeping for me or my DH after that. We've lost two good men out of our lives this year already. Telephone calls later in the day were very encouraging. We keep on praying. Still the morning was productive and then we headed out to pay bills, have an early lunch (yes, Mexican), and go shopping. The stores were packed today. Fortunately, I didn't have an anxiety attack... I was very patient too... just bored with the waste of my time by people who are oblivious to anything except themselves. Perhaps the warm weather helped... it was over 70F. "That's what I like about the south!" I don't have any problem at all doing without snow this time of year. I wove ends on FOs this evening, and began a Wool-Ease scarf for my nephew-in-law. Inspried by this Twin Rib, I decided to shift the pattern every six rows for a slightly checkerboard effect. I made some calculations and settled on a 48 stitch width on size 9 needles for a 20 stitch by 24 row, 4"x4" gauge. Stumbled across this quiz on someone's blog: Glucose You are glucose. People feed off of you. You are sweet, caring, and a source of energy for everyone around you. You can inspire others with your creativity and depth, and you can keep people alive when in times of famine. People love you...or at least the way you taste. ( Which Biological Molecule Are You? brought to you by Quizilla



Yup. That's what I'd have picked, glucose. Happy Solstice to All. LC

No comments: